The Sun Salutation is a graceful sequence of twelve positions performed as one continuous exercise. Each position counteracts the one before, stretching the body in a different way and alternately expanding and contracting the chest to regulate the breathing.
It’s a practice that dates back centuries, paying homage to the life-giving energy of the sun. This ancient practice seamlessly blends movement, breath, and spirituality, offering a pathway to holistic well-being.
Now, immerse yourself in the transformative journey of the Sun Salutation Mastery Workshop. Beyond the surface of this ancient practice lies a comprehensive exploration of its history, significance, and nuanced variations.
Join us on this exploration where you’ll unravel the secrets of Traditional Sun Salutation, delve into the dynamic flow of Sun Salutation A, and embrace the extended sequence of Sun Salutation B – from understanding its cultural roots to perfecting the alignment of each pose. This workshop is designed to take you beyond the basics, offering a profound experience that aligns your body, mind, and spirit with the radiant energy of the sun.
What You’ll Learn:
- Master the steps of Traditional Sun Salutation with precise cueing and techniques.
- Acquire expertise in adjustments, alignment, and proper limb placement in each step.
- Understand the diverse benefits and contraindications associated with the practice.
- Progress from a beginner to an advanced level in Sun Salutation variations, including Sun Salutation A and B.
- Immerse yourself in the practice of Sun Salutation with authentic mantra chanting.
- Learn strategies to continually improve and refine each step of the sequence, including variations in Sun Salutation A and B.
- Address and alleviate lower back pain commonly associated with Sun Salutations.
- Overcome range of motion issues through targeted modifications and guidance.
- Understand the holistic impact of Sun Salutations, spanning the physical, physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual dimensions, including variations in Sun Salutation A and B.
Why You Should Practice Sun Salutation Daily?
Rooted in ancient yogic wisdom, sun salutation is a harmonious blend of physical postures, rhythmic breath, and spiritual mindfulness. By embracing Sun Salutation daily, you welcome a radiant vitality into your life.
Sun Salutation, or Surya Namaskar, is not merely an exercise; it’s a ritual that pays homage to the life-giving force embodied by the sun. Each gentle stretch and intentional breath fosters a symphony of movement that not only invigorates the body but also clears the mind.
As you make Sun Salutation a daily companion, you gift yourself the opportunity to align with the rhythm of the universe. The ancient yogic texts, including the Rig Veda, recognize the profound significance of this practice, symbolizing the sun’s inner radiance that dwells within every being.
Immerse yourself in the ritual of Sun Salutation daily, and witness the transformative power unfold. It’s not just about the postures; it’s about cultivating a mindful presence, fostering inner strength, and embracing the light that resides within. So, why should you practice Sun Salutation daily? Because, in each graceful movement, you unlock the potential for daily radiance—a luminous journey that begins with a simple bow to the sun.
- Master Two Styles: Achieve mastery in both Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa styles of Sun Salutation.
- Precision and Progression: Learn precise cues, adjustments, and progress seamlessly from basics to advanced levels.
- Holistic Understanding: Gain insights into benefits, contraindications, and the holistic impact of Sun Salutations.
- Mantra Integration: Immerse yourself in the authentic practice of Sun Salutation with mantra chanting.
- Practical Solutions: Receive hands-on guidance to fix common mistakes, lower back pain, and range of motion issues.
- Community and Support: Connect with a supportive community and receive personalized feedback for continuous improvement.
Day 1: Understanding Traditional Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskas) – Hatha Style
5 February, 6:30 to 8:00 PM IST / 8:00 am to 9:30 am (EST)
- Overview of Traditional Sun Salutation in Hatha Yoga.
- Traditional Surya Namaska is a sequence of asanas that honor the sun, embodying a holistic approach to yoga.
- Significance, Symbolism, and Historical Context.
- Understanding the spiritual and cultural roots enhances the practice, linking mind and body.
- Anatomy, Benefits, Mantras, and Breathing.
- Engaging muscles, reaping physical benefits, chanting mantras, and rhythmic breathing enhance the practice’s depth.
Practical Concepts and Practices:
- Breakdown of each pose with proper alignment.
- Precision in alignment ensures a safe and effective practice.
- Guided practice of Traditional Sun Salutation.
- Hands-on experience aids in integrating theory with practical application.
- Identification and correction of common mistakes.
- Recognizing and correcting errors ensures a mindful and effective practice.
Day 2: Sun Salutation A (Ashtanga Vinyasa Style)
6 February, 6:30 to 8:00 PM IST / 8:00 am to 9:30 am (EST)
- Understanding the differences between Traditional and Ashtanga Vinyasa Sun Salutation A.
- Ashtanga Vinyasa style introduces a dynamic flow distinct from the traditional approach.
- Opening and closing mantra of Sun Salutation A sequence.
Practical Concepts and Practices:
- In-depth breakdown of each pose in Sun Salutation A.
- Detailed exploration ensures participants grasp the nuances of each pose.
- Guided practice of Sun Salutation A.
- Direct application allows participants to embody the flow and rhythm of Ashtanga Vinyasa.
- Identification of common mistakes and corrections.
- Addressing errors ensures participants refine their practice for optimal benefit.
Day 3: Sun Salutation B (Ashtanga Vinyasa Style)
7 February, 6:30 to 8:00 PM IST / 8:00 am to 9:30 am (EST)
- Understanding the differences between Sun Salutation A and B in Ashtanga Vinyasa.
- Sun Salutation B introduces additional asanas and complexity to the sequence.
Practical Concepts and Practices:
- In-depth breakdown of each pose in Sun Salutation B.
- Participants learn the intricacies of the extended sequence.
- Guided practice of Sun Salutation B.
- Hands-on experience aids participants in mastering the extended sequence.
- Integration of Sun Salutation A and B and Closing.
- Combining both sequences and closing with reflection ensures a well-rounded practice.
Meet Workshop’s Instructor
Ashish, E-RYT 200, YACEP
Ashish is a yoga alliance registered teacher and continuing education provider with more than 5 years of experience in yoga teaching. He is one of the people behind fitsri.com and is currently responsible for content creation on the website. He manages the yoga content on a wide range of topics, including specific yoga practices, pranayama, meditation, yoga types, how-to guides etc.
Although he is currently working in yoga field, he is from engineering background. In yoga, his main area of expertise is philosophy, mudra vigyan and therapeutic yoga.
Yogi Sushant Ji, Postgraduate in Yoga Psychology
Sushant is a postgraduate in Yoga Psychology (1997-99), from the World-renowned Bihar School of Yoga and worked as a Lecturer there in the same department for four years.
As a lecturer at Yoga University, Sushant had opportunities to lead practical classes on Hatha and Kundalini Yoga, traditional Meditations and Philosophy talks with specialization in Samkhya, Tantra, Kundalini and Yoga Philosophies.
As featured in
|5th to 7th February 2024
|6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (IST) / 8:00 am to 9:30 am (EST)
|Zoom live meeting
|Classes and availability
|3 Sessions, about 90 minutes each.
Recordings are available in case one misses any live sessions or can’t attend a live workshop.
|Discounted Workshop Price
Book Your Spot
For any queries please connect with us at [email protected] or WhatsApp: +91–9456318514 | or call us: +91 – 9456318514
Frequently Asked Questions
A. After you press “Book Your Spot” you will be redirected to the payment page. There you will see three payment modes available for Indian and International payments separately. Once you have paid, you will get the details about the online workshop on your email within a day.
In case you do not get the email from us within a day, please check your spam folder for an email from Fitsri. Or you can directly email us: contact[at]fitsri.com
A. Absolutely, this workshop caters to all levels, making it accessible for beginners and providing valuable insights for seasoned practitioners. The progressive structure ensures that participants evolve from foundational aspects to advanced variations, making the workshop inclusive for everyone.
A. Sun Salutation A and B represent distinct sequences within the Ashtanga Vinyasa tradition. While A focuses on foundational poses, B introduces variations with additional asanas. Understanding and practicing both sequences offer a comprehensive experience, targeting different muscle groups and enhancing the overall effectiveness of the practice.
A. You will need a quiet space, a yoga mat or soft surface, a stable internet connection, a device with video/audio capabilities, and optional props for comfort.
A. Sun Salutation is a cornerstone in yoga, embodying a holistic practice that integrates physical, mental, and spiritual dimensions. Its significance lies in its ability to enhance flexibility, strength, and mental clarity, offering practitioners a transformative journey towards overall well-being.